[ltp] how to format HD after having been used in Linux for MS windows

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:40:49 -0500

!!! NOTE !!! These will effectively kill all programs and data on your hard
drive!!!

(1) Try fdisk /MBR to reset the master boot record.
      Then use fdisk to setup your windows partition.
      Set the first partition active.

(2) If this does not work download Drive fitness test from IBM
     and use the option to zero out the master boot record
-- Bert