[ltp] Freeze on Boot

Paul Holman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:52:54 -0700

I've just tried to fubar my Thinkpad T21 with PartitionMagic so I could
load Linux.  Now the thing won't boot at all.  In fact, I power it on
and get the screen that says "F1 for BIOS, F11 for temp boot device" and
I hit F1, but it just hangs there.  So I can't even get into the BIOS
settings at this point.  It makes no difference whether I have a CD in
the drive or not.  I tried to unplug the built in battery, but it is a
real pain to get to the connector.  Any other mysterious ways to reset
this thing?

Thanks, pablos.
--
Paul Holman