[ltp] T23 S3 SuperSavage CAN get output to CRT and LCD at same time..

Chris Walter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:27:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Tod Harter wrote:

> On Saturday 10 August 2002 03:47 pm, Chris Walter wrote:
> > "Norman Levin" <normanlevin@attglobal.net> writes:
> > > BUT, when I tried it with the s3switch packaged with the driver from S3
> > > corp (this s3switch is only 15K), it WORKED..
> >
> > Can you do simultaneous output even in 1400x1050 mode?  With Tim's
> > program on my T22 it works but the CRT output is all garbled in
> > 1400x1050 mode.  Lower resoultions are fine.
>
> Uh, well that would probably just mean that your monitor won't synch to
> 1400x1050... Its not a scan rate commonly supported by monitors in the first
> place. Some may do it, others won't.

No; it syncs OK if I tell it only to output to the CRT.  It's only a
problem when it tries to do LCD and CRT output simultaneously.  And
it is only a problem at 1400x1050.

-Chris