[ltp] Slackware on a 570

Noesis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:06:55 +0000

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

Greetings,
   I just installed Slackware Linux 8.1 on my ThinkPad 570.  Everything=20
went very well other then a few odds and ends I need to work out.  First,=
=20
I want to get my USB floppy drive to work and I can't seem to.  Here is=20
the progress (?) made in troubleshooting...

I made sure I compiled USB support, generic SCSI and USB Mass Storage=20
support.   I looked in /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg to see if the=
=20
usb floppy drive was being recongized.  It is.  Also note 'scsi0: SCSI=20
emulation for USB Mass Storage devices'... thus it was figured at I would=
=20
be accessing it via /dev/sda, etc. =20

'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' returns the device! I thought it was going to be=20
allll setup!  But, I can't seem to access it.  I try /dev/sda, etc. and I=
=20
always get not a valid block device (which it is).  I tried multiple disks=
=20
as well. =20

That is pretty much where I'm at right now, stumpted!  Any ideas!? =20
Perhaps someone else has tried to get the IBM/TEAC USB floppy drive=20
working in Linux before?

Since this is something I'm planning on using often, I put everything it=20
needed in the kernel rather then in modules.

Regards,
  -Noesis

--=20
Noesis