[ltp] Turning off Lid standby???

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
26 Aug 2002 09:13:42 +1200

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 06:19, Kelly John Rose wrote:

> I don't have a tpctl program on my thinkpad where would I get that?

You can also do this in the BIOS setup - on my thinkpad, it offers to
let me into the BIOS when I boot by holding the F1 key.

> I mean when I click the start button I want the KDE "start" menu to pop
> up. I like my keyboard commands.

My thinkpad doesn't have a "Start" button on the keyboard.

We can't see what you're looking at, and we don't know what you mean
from your words.  You have to be our eyes and ears here, and you need to
use enough words that you and we can be certain of what you are talking
about.  That's why the fellow asked you to explain "working" and "What
start button".

Do you mean the menu button in the lower left corner of the screen
provided by KDE?  If so, we'll have to ask some more questions, but
let's start with that one.

If you provide enough description that we can be sure of what's going
on, we can volunteer answers.  If you don't, we have to play "twenty
questions" with you.

Bret