[ltp] Turning off Lid standby???

Kelly John Rose linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:14:06 -0400 (EDT)

> My thinkpad doesn't have a "Start" button on the keyboard.
>
> We can't see what you're looking at, and we don't know what you mean
> from your words.  You have to be our eyes and ears here, and you need to
> use enough words that you and we can be certain of what you are talking
> about.  That's why the fellow asked you to explain "working" and "What
> start button".

Well, the start button is the button with the windows logo on it. It's
located on the keyboard

> Do you mean the menu button in the lower left corner of the screen
> provided by KDE?  If so, we'll have to ask some more questions, but
> let's start with that one.

The other button is the menu button that has a K on it that is located in
the lower left corner of the screen. Also, I would like to map a few of my
other keys on the keyboard. Especially the "Fn" keys. The keys that are
activated when I press the button marked "Fn" on the keyboard.

> If you provide enough description that we can be sure of what's going
> on, we can volunteer answers.  If you don't, we have to play "twenty
> questions" with you.
>
> Bret

I hope that clears some things up.

.....Kelly John Rose.....