[Re: [ltp] Thinkpad R 30, linux and ultrabay HD]

Giuseppe Leto linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:14:20 +0200

--------------C5C43B357250A412D8127FB9

Thank you  Tod,

your suggestion gave me the solution. It was simply necessary to add an
item to
the lilo.conf.

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=hdultra-linux
        root=/dev/hda5
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append=" devfs=mount quiet"
        vga=791
        read-only

Then do "lilo" to write the new configuration, now I can boot either
with the
CD-rw or the HD
in the ultrabay!
Actually I had already done a similar attenpt but forgot to do "lilo" so
even if the config file was
updated, the boot was the one with  old append ( append=" hdc=ide-scsi
devfs=mount quiet") ......

Thank you again for the help

Giuseppe Leto

--
Dr. Giuseppe Leto                               tel     +39 095 7332311
Osservatorio Astrofisico di Catania             fax     +39 095 330592