[ltp] ps2.exe without dos partition

SMichelle linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:43:21 -0700

> That's funny, I didn't get that. I started with uttcpdos.exe. When I
> ran that it created a floppy with the following files:
>
> UINSTALL EXE 73993 01-24-2002 4:31
> SETENVN EXE 16384 01-24-2002 4:31
> INSTUTD2 EXE 55319 01-24-2002 4:31
> UTILDOS2 RSP 23 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2 EXE 11405 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2MAIN EXE 363372 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2VDD DLL 20480 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2 MSG 120695 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2A IDP 3020 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2N IDP 3275 01-24-2002 4:31
> DOCK2 EXE 13675 01-24-2002 4:31
> UNDOCK2 EXE 14479 01-24-2002 4:31
> DOCK2 IDP 2887 01-24-2002 4:31
> HELPMSG1 DAT 12615 01-24-2002 4:31
> HELPMSG2 DAT 94056 01-24-2002 4:31
> HELPMSG3 DAT 114242 01-24-2002 4:31
> PARANUM3 DAT 72339 01-24-2002 4:31
> ROUTINE1 DAT 7839 01-24-2002 4:31
> ROUTINE2 DAT 56612 01-24-2002 4:31
> ROUTINE3 DAT 72386 01-24-2002 4:31
> ROUTINE4 DAT 4526 01-24-2002 4:31
> ROUTINE5 DAT 3056 01-24-2002 4:31
> AODBSMD SYS 22129 01-24-2002 4:31
> AODBSMD DDP 184 01-24-2002 4:31
> DISKDO 9 01-24-2002 4:31
> DISKDO VER 9 01-24-2002 4:31
> DISKDO ID 13 01-24-2002 4:31
> PS2 VER 9 01-24-2002 4:31
> 28 files 1 159 031 bytes
> 219 136 bytes free

 [ ... ]

While on a Win98 desktop I ran uttcpdos.exe and installed all the
above files to a non-booting floppy (installation terminated on a
bootable floppy due to lack of space). I then copied over all the files
with the exception of the HELPMSGx.DAT files (again space limitations)
to a bootable floppy. After trying ps2.exe the message displayed was
"Install DOS ThinkPad configurations again" and then terminated.

If I booted from a separate bootable floppy and then inserted the floppy
containing the complete set of uttcpdos installed files and tried the
ps2.exe I got an error message saying the the 'command.com'
file was bad ... if I then reinserted the
bootable floppy it found command.com and then terminated.

I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. It seems as if one of the
two options above would have allowed me to use the ps2.exe from the
floppy. Any quesses as to what else I should do?

Many thanks.

/SMichelle