[ltp] DVD plays half of the screen twice

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:52:28 -0500

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:31:36 -0500
cdfrey@netdirect.ca wrote:

> I'm starting to think that maybe it is a compiler issue.  Gentoo uses
> gcc 3.2.  What versions does RedHat use?  I would assume Redhat 7.3 is
> still on gcc 2.95, which the mplayer developers seem to like.

* Redhat 7.3 used gcc 2.96-RH (Redhat's "special" version, which the
mplayer developers seem to think was spawned by the devil himself :) ).

* Redhat 8.0 uses gcc 3.2- same as your Gentoo.

I didn't mention it before, but I observed the same problem using Ogle and
Xine.

By the way, even with the broken X, you can still play DVDs using
the straight X11 driver (mplayer -vo x11 dvd://).  It worked fine (albeit
slowly). You probably only get the doubling problem using the xv or SDL
drivers.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/