[ltp] No Sound at all...

Kelly John Rose linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:02:44 -0500 (EST)

Okay, I have the following setup

Enlightenment on a Mandrake 8.2 install
Thinkpad 1200 i Series Part #1161-210
with an etherjet cardbus

Now for some reason, when I start the computer with the pcmcia card in the
sound doesn't work at all, and when I start it with it out, even with
aumix settings to highest, the sound is barely audible. This just started
happened after using Linux for about 3 months with little to no problems.

Has anyone else encountered this, and are there any ideas as to how to
handle it? Anyone know of literature on this problem? I have a feeling its
some fundamental setting that needs to be tweaked... but I am not sure.

As well, I tried to download the software to handle the automatic sleep
function when the lid is closed, but my thinkpad isn't supported. Anyone
know where I could find instructions on how to get my thinkpad not to
sleep when the lid is closed.