[work] [ltp] thinkpad Mandrake 9.0 sound fix, region free DVD & PII 400 upgrade

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 02:56:58 +0000

I installed the PII 400 in a thinkpad 380Z that previously had a PII 233. No
BIOS flash was needed. I downloaded the Thinkpad 380Z Hardware Maintenance
manual from IBM. It showed complete disassembly instructions, and I followed
them.

I previously installed a PII 333 in a Thinkpad 380XD Pentium 233. In this
case, I flashed the BIOS to a PII BIOS prior to CPU upgrade. It is indeed
possible to go from a Pentiun to a Pentium II depending on the Thinkpad model.

Brian