[ltp] BIOS upgrade

sebastian sauer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:59:01 +0100

On Monday 23 December 2002 02:57, Mike Leone wrote:
> Errikos Pitsos (ml1@xerx.com) had this to say on 12/22/02 at 20:46:=20
> > Tell a friend to make you a boot disk, that's what I did.
>=20
> Or make one yourself from <http://www.bootdisk.com>, perhaps. I think some
> of those images are WinIMage compatable, so you could just dd them.
thanks for the hints!=20

however i would favor something that completely avoids this M$ win/dos
shit. besides a boot disk floppy isn't really an option as my R31 has no=20
floppy drive. sure, i still could make a FAT32 partition on /dev/hda but=20
i'd prefer not to.

IIRC there are various GPL'ed pieces of code that do the BIOS flashing on=
=20
x86 linux systems. but these require that you have the BIOS update as raw=
=20
image, while the BIOS provided by IBM is some warped up DOS package. :-(

i'd appreciate any pointers or hints in that direction.

cheers,
seb.=20
--=20
"s=F3lo los hijos de los ricos pueden permitirse ser hippies -respondi=F3=
=20
ella, zaf=E1ndose-. y adem=E1s, ya no hay hippies, =BFes que no te das cuen=
ta?."=20
 -- maruja torres                         { http://swoosh.enemy.org./ }