[ltp] cs46xx issues on an IBM thinkpad T-20

ravi channavajhala linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:58:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I'm running RH - 7.2 (kerenl 2.4.9-34) on an IBM
thinkpad T20.  This has cs46xx sound driver and I had
to add thinkpad=1 to cs46xx (crystal soundfusion)
options in modules.conf to have it working half way
decent.  I've recently hooked up Altec Lansing-2100
speakers to this, to enhance my DVD viewing pleasure
(using ogle as the DVD player).

I'm a bit tired of the sound quality, it is the cs46xx
driver that is not working well I'm sure, the  volume
is barely audible, even with kickass speakers.  I like
to replace it with alsa driver.

So, I decided to install alsa, downloaded version
0.9rc6.  I cant compile this, because it requires
/usr/src/linux and bunch of header files under this
and I dont have 2.4.9-34 source.

Can someone point me to a location where I can
download just the alsa binaries rpm?  I looked at
several sites alsa-project, alsa.opensrc, rpmfind
etc., no one seems to have the binaries rpm.  Can
someone please help?  Thanks.

regards,
-ravi