[ltp] Re: Switched to Linux guest on Vmware running on Windows host

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:42:53 -0500

Chris Merrill <cmerrill@nc.rr.com> writes:

> I had hoped that was the problem, since I had upgraded from 128M to
> 640M immediately after purchase.

That could be a problem.

> After finding a floppy-based linux boot disk with 'parted' for
> partitioning tasks and the 'lphdisk' utility for formatting the
> hibernation partition correctly based on the BIOS type, I still
> couldn't get it to work.

I don't believe that lphdisk will work with IBM laptops.  Maybe this
link will help?

http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4PESMK.html

You'll need a FAT partition larger than 640MB (not sure how much
overhead there is), and the tool should create the hibernation file.

Play Rogue, visit exotic locations, meet strange creatures and kill them.