[ltp] suspend slows A20p CPU?

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:16:46 -0500

Using a 2.4.17 kernel, CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE is off.  Suspending and
resuming my A20p seems to slow the CPU down.

I first noticed that after suspend, some things seem to take longer to
run.  Did some timing tests and eventually tried x86info, and found
that right after reboot, my speed is reported as 696MHz, but after
suspend it falls to 546MHz.  I've found no way to pump it back up.

Speedstep is set to "Maximum performance" in the BIOS, and I'm using
BIOS version 1.07.  All tests were done on AC with battery in.

Anyone seen this?  If it were just CPU speed numbers on a graph
somewhere I wouldn't care, but I do see significant decreases in
performance of CPU-bound things like image manipulation and DVD
playback.  I don't know when this happened, really....

An educated owl says 'WHOM' !