[ltp] Full-duplex sound on A20p

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
12 Feb 2002 11:23:37 +0100

I am running Mandrake 8.1 and cannot seem to be able to get
full-duplex sound from my A20p.

I was trying to talk to NetMeeting users using GnomeMeeting.
Others have reported success, but I can only hear about 2%
of what the called party is saying. They can hear me well,
but I cannot hear them.

I have tried both the kernel's drivers for the sound and
the ALSA drivers. ALSA got me a little more of what the
called party is saying but still not enough to understand.

I have tested against a windows machine on my local network
with exactly the same results, so bandwidth is not an issue
here.

I have tried various programs like ohphone and others, various
protocols and codecs. Nothing really helps. So my conclusion
is that linux cannot run the sound card in full duplex.

Needless to say, if I boot windows, netmeeting works fine.
Has anyone else on the list tried anything like this?

Regards,

Mike.