[ltp] Re: suspend slows A20p CPU?

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:21:31 -0500

Cameron Kerr <cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz> writes:

> Sorry, I no longer have the original post, but I think I know what's going
> on. The CPU is supposed to go to a lower speed. Check the BIOS settings if
> this is not what you want.

Nope, not the problem.  My bios sets speedstep to "Maximum
performance".  Also, at this setting things aren't slower on battery
before the first suspend, but they are slower on battery or AC after
suspend and resume.

> The only thing I find, is that the bogomips rating is not recalculated. I
> would have thought this would be important, being a delay loop and all.

It's not recalculated because Intel won't give kernel developers info
on how to tell when speedstep changes speed....

Time sure flies when you don't know what you're doing.