[ltp] A21m and Hibernation

Cameron Kerr linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:23:30 +1300 (NZDT)

Hello, I just got InfraRed working, yeh!

Now, my next problem that's been plaging me for a wee while now, is
hibernation. I have prepared a partition for lphdisk, and formatted it
according to the documentation. (How do I know the machine has detected it
for RediSafe???)

Anyway, the darned thing won't hibernate for me, it standbys and suspends
fine though, which is nice, but it doesn't hibernate.

I think this is due to the thinkpad modules. Let me demonstrate...

glissarok:/lib/modules/2.4.17/kernel/drivers/net/irda# tpctl --H
tpctl: SMAPI BIOS error 0x91 ("system is invalid") -- exiting.

<<in kernel output on console, and in dmesg>>
smapi: SMAPI BIOS return codes differ!

This is using the latest released code from tpctl.sourceforge.net. Has
anyone been able to get this working???

Thanks heaps.

Cameron Kerr
--