[ltp] T21

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:06:29 -0800

Julian Macassey wrote:

> I have a T21, with 20Gig HD etc.
>
> 	Anyone out there put Linux on one of these?
>
> 	I have Redhat 7.2, but would another distro be better?

I have run rh6.2, rh7.1, and now SuSE 7.3 Pro dual boot with Win2K on my T20.  SuSE is better from the point of view of ease of dual boot installation, sound and modem driver installation, and inclusion of Star Office.  Some work-arounds are still required.  SuSE Pro would be preferable if, for example, you require kernel source. SuSE requires KDE, but includes Gnome. rh will work fine with Gnome only.

--
Tim Prince
tprince@computer.org