[ltp] T21

Mike Gratton linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:44:20 +1030

Andrius Ciziunas wrote:

> 	I have a T21 that I run linux on.

Ditto, I run Debian on mine.

> The only issue is
> that the 3Com built in winmodem doesn't work, 3com has neither released
> drivers yet, nor have they helped the linmodem developers make one.

It should be noted that both the built-in ethernet and modem is powered
by a mini-pci card. As noted above, the 3Com card doesen't have modem
drivers, but a Lucent/Intel card is available which apparently does work
for both the modem (Lucent) and ethernet (Intel).

This is is only problem I have with my T21, Debian runs great on it
otherwise.

Mike.

--
Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>