[ltp] A30P: DRI? ALSA?

Benedikt Heinen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:24:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

  I just got a new Thinkpad A30P (2653-66U), but I am having a few
problems with migrating from the A21P to the new machine...
  My experiences so far:

	+ X works   (XFree 4.2.0)
	- DRI doesn't   (at least according to glxinfo...)
	+ Ethernet works (eepro100)
	- wavelan doesn't (but I think, that one's my fault; at least
	  the prism2 driver recognizes the card... ;)
	- Can't get sound to work  (snd-cs46xx from the A21P
	  doesn't work anymore. Windows says, the card is a
	  Crystal WDM -- but which ALSA driver is the right one
	  for this one?)

Anyone got a clue, why DRI doesn't work? ...or what sound driver to
use?

Further question - how can I configure the easy access keys, so I
can use these in X...

yours,

      Benedikt

  BEAUTY, n.  The power by which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a
    husband.
			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)