[ltp] Partition Magic/Partition-It/Fips & Win XP

Kristjan Onu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:14:23 -0500

It's not obvious to me how getting recovery CDs is a substitute for a
second HDD or partitioning software. With the recovery CDs I was sent
for an A31p, I could only reformat the _entire_ HDD and then install
XP.

Is it possible to separate these two steps? Can the recovery CDs
be used to reformat only portions of the HDD? Using the CDs I received
(IBM P/N 01R5301 and IBM P/N 01R5302) I didn't see how this could be
done.

Kristjan

PS. With regards to partitioning software, is there free software that
allows resizing XP-type NTFS partitions? When I looked, I couldn't
find anything (and decided Paragon's Partition Manager was "best".)