[ltp] TP strange failure!

Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:17:49 -0400

This weekend I firedup my TP 600, It has never let me down before, but all
the sudden this time the battery appears to have failed, or the system board.
The "orange" battery indicator starts to blink then stops and stays orange
all the time. If I unplug it is down immediatly.
The batt, was good, an easy 2-3 hours per charge just the previous day.
A diagnostic on the systemboard yeilds:
DEV  001
ERR    91
FRU  3610

The unit is currently running Gentoo Linux 1.2
It will still run flawlessly when plugged in, although it will not recognize
my previously recognized spare HD (travelstar 20G) the main drive is an IBM
travelstar 30G.

Anyone have any ideas, or procedures I should follow next?

I do happen to have another system board that I picked up out of a junk
(broken screen) machine I picked up on e-bay to upgrade the processor.
(previous replaced the 233 with a 300MHZ processor.)

Any help or Ideas would be a ppreciated.

Mike