[ltp] dead thinkpad

Robert A Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
08 Jul 2002 09:49:44 -0700

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 12:58, Robyn Manning wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I came across you webpage so I thought I'd ask about my thinkpad. I have
> a thinkpad 760 with 32MB Ram and a 2 Gig hard drive (no cd). I went to
> turn it on one day and got nothing. We've checked the battery as per
> IBM's technical guide and the battery seems OK, but I get nothing on the
> LCD and no lights.
>
> Has anyone a stroke of brilliance that I might try? I'm a PC Tech so I
> can test for signals etc in certain places.
>
> Robyn

Sounds like something that happened to one of my Thinkpads once.  Try:

With the machine unplugged, turn on the power switch for 10-15 seconds
several times.  If it has a momentary power-on button, hold it down.

Remove the battery and plug the machine into AC power.

Depress the power switch.  The machine should boot up.

If that doesn't work, call up IBM support and they should help you out.

Good luck,
Robert