[ltp] Thinkpad 770x - Sound and Built-in modem

Chris Stone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:29:53 -0300

Hi Folks,

I'm a Linux newbie too, and recently installed Caldera Open Desktop Linux
Workstation 3.1.1 (a 2-cd download from their web site). It's a very nice
transition piece of software, and the KDE environment is very nice.

However I have no clue as to how to get Sound and the built-in Windmodem of
the laptop to work. I have tried using IBM's configure script, but I get
nowhere. It complains it cannot find the linux source directory, even though
I have specified it at the command line.... I need a simple way to get this
working.

I have tried playing with the KDE 'sound' area but in the 'information' area
it says "No soundcard detected". ??

It's a crystal type sound card but might work as SB16... Can anyone help?

Chris Stone