[ltp] TV Output from R30

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:17:05 -0400

Hi,

A friend of mine says this:

----
The R30 has a Trident Cyberblade Aladdin 1, 2x AGP graphics controller

There is some circumstantial evidence that similar Trident chipsets have
working TV-Out... might be worth playing with if you can get your hands
on one.

http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2000-05/msg00437.html
-----

So there at least  you have something to play with.  Lemme know if you get
it working, I don't actually have an R30 to play with...

Pam

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Andrzej Wasowski     |
|         |           <wasowski@data.pl>   |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           owner-linux-thinkpad@|
|         |           bm-soft.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           07/04/2002 05:29 AM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad       |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com                                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ltp] TV Output from R30                                                                                                |

Christophe Zwecker wrote:

>maybe you need to switch tvout on. on my T21 I got an S3 card, I needed
>to get a tool to activate the tv out

How did you get the tool? R30 does not use S3 it seems, so I can't use
it anyway. My XF86Config-4 currentyl uses Trident TGUI9420DGi (generic).
Anybody heard of such control tools for this beast running under linux?

andrzej