[ltp] T21 hibernation

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:12:51 -0700

I've read a lot, and tried a lot, and this still doesn't work.

I recompiled the kernel (SuSE 7.3, 2.4.16) enabling APM, and suspend
works pretty well (only a few trials so far).  Fn+F12 continues to offer
a low beep, and no other apparent action.

I made /dev/hda4.  lphdisk finds it, and formats it, but no hibernate.
I used the bootable program from IBM stndalhd.exe.  It seems happy when
it runs, but the results don't hibernate.

Can anyone suggest what I'm missing?  I don't have tpctl installed yet -
is that how it's supposed to be done?  I only seen one web page that
mentions it in this context.

Perplexed,
Bret
T21 2647-8AU