[ltp] Incorporating Thinkpad Detection into Lm_sensors

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:05:31 -0400

[Thinkpad detection]

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:43:24 -0500
Jim Redmond <jim@scrubnugget.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this is based on a .config setting, defined by the user.

On my stock RH 7.3 Thinkpad 600, I notice the following in the startup
logs:

IBM machine detected. Enabling interrupts during APM calls.

Unless Redhat's assuming that ALL machines are IBM thinkpads, it looks
like the kernel's able to detect them - or at least, this one.

There's no custom Thinkpad kernel on the RH discs, and my generic desktop
box at home (installed from the same discs) doesn't seem to show this
message.