[ltp] Thinkpad 600E and Mandrake

Andrew Lee linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 23:10:14 +0100

On Saturday 01 June 2002 10:55 pm, you wrote:
> E Lofstad wrote:
> >>Is there anyway that I can force the NIC to use a different IRQ? I've no
> >> idea which one it should use though - looks like they're all taken.
> >
> >Look in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
> >Use the "exclude irq" statement to keep the NIC off of the mwave driver
> >I believe PCMCIA driver can share an IRQ with another driver (but not
> >the mwave)
>
> If it is a 16-bit pcmcia card it can't share an IRQ (think ISA), but if
> it is a 32-bit cardbus card (think PCI) then it usually can.

I've no idea if it's 16 bit - it's fairly old, so there's a good chance.
It's a 3Comn 3c589b PCMCIA card.
It seems that it won't work like that anyway, as the IRQ 10 is used by the
modem also. I think I'm going to give up. I have adsl at home here, so the
laptop can connect to that by my network, and when I go away, I will just
have to buy a modem card.

thanks to all - at least I have sound now, so the DVD and CD player works :)

-AJL