[ltp] 600E system freeze--software or hardware?

Mark Nye linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 08:12:30 -0400

Thanks to all of you for the input. No disk seek or I/O errors in
/var/log/messages...only the note written during restart that "read-only
filesystem recovery necessary". I suspect that James is right: no error
messages were written because the drive had stopped working.

Perhaps my safest bet is to replace the drive. Does anyone have a US side
source for good, used Thinkpad parts?

all the best,
Mark