[ltp] Problems with X on A30

Bradley, Paul linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:54:45 -0600

I have installed RedHat Linux 7.3 on my ThinkPad A30.  I was under the
impression that XFree86 4.2.0 would be compatible with the ATI Radeon
Mobility card included with the laptop.  Here's my issue:

 - Upon booting, when the Xserver starts, the screen goes blank and the
machine becomes unresponsive.

During setup, the card was detected properly and the testing of X went just
fine (16-bit color @ 1400x1050).  I have even tried using the CF86Config-4
file located on linux-laptop.net (one from another who had a similar setup).
In the interim, I am using the vesa drive so that I may use X.

Anyone else see this before or know of a workaround?

Thank you,

Paul