[ltp] [announcement] tpb - program to use the IBM ThinkPad (tm) special key

ZeiMoT linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:49:46 +0200 (MEST)

I am very pleased to hear that what I assumed really worked. Great that
someone is faster than I am to really do something about theories.

  -=< ZeiMoT >=-

On 20 Jun 2002, Rob Mayoff wrote:

> To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
> Date: 20 Jun 2002 02:57:23 -0500
> From: Rob Mayoff <mayoff@dqd.com>
> Subject: Re: [ltp] [announcement] tpb - program to use the IBM ThinkPad
>     (tm) special key
>
> > Read the README file!
>
> Brilliant! Watching a hex dump of /dev/nvram as I press various buttons
> (on my A30p) reveals that many of them show up in /dev/nvram: the
> ThinkLight, volume, and brightness buttons, and Fn-F7, Fn-F8, and Fn-11.
> (Probably other Fn-F# combos too, but the ones that turn off the screen
> are harder to monitor.)
>
> The command I used:
>
> watch --differences=cumulative -n 0 od -t x1 /dev/nvram

 D a n i e l                                              /ei|\/|o |
 D a l e t h s s o n                                     /_  |  |  |