[ltp] Re: various RH 7.3 problems

Bill Williamson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:15:56 -0500

David Margrave writes:
> I would advise any thinkpad 600 user to stay away from redhat 7.3 and
> 2.4 kernels at this stage, that is, if you have a pcmcia modem you want
> to use.

I have a TP600X with RH7.3, and their newest 2.4 kernel.  I just joined the
list, so I dont know if this has been brought up before...

I cannot run pcmcia ANYTHING in my top slot.  It will throw all sorts of
errors, the card won't work, and when I try to shut down, it will die when
it tries to kill the system logger.

In my bottom slot, everything I've used works great.  I've had this happen
on two different TP600X's (I use it at work, asked for a replacement after
the first one did it).