[ltp] Power drainage on T21

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:35:50 -0400

On 25 Jun 2002 10:54:00 +0200
Christophe Zwecker <doc@zwecker.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I gota T21 and everything works pretty nice, with rh73. I wish
> hotswapping floppy and cdrom would work, but I guess its not so easy.

You can swap cd and floppy.  You must boot with the cdrom in place.  You
can swap devices while suspended.  If you boot with the floppy in place,
it won't recognized the cdrom.

Debian has the hotswap package.  I have successfully booted with the
floppy installed, and then swapped devices, using hotswap to
discover/enable the cdrom.  I'm not sure if that package is available
for RedHat.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,