[ltp] hibernate

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:55:04 -0400

On 27 Jun 2002 13:41:28 +0100
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 13:18, Dale P. Smith wrote:
> > I have a t21 with 256m of ram.  Hibernation takes about 30 seconds.
> > Well, actually I use "readysafe".  It's the only way to actually
> > hibernate from a program, I believe.
>
> Got a pointer to this?  Google has failed me :-/

It's in the bios.  Whenever you do a suspend, a hibernation file is
written out.  It's really nice if you suspend and forget to charge the
machine for a few days.

Oh yeah, I created the hibernation file from a boot floppy I got from
ibm's web site.  Sorry, I don't have a url for you right now.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,