[ltp] TP 760LD: sound is sometimes turned off in suspend mode

Ekkard Gerlach linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 03:44:04 +0100

Hi,

why does TP 760LD sometimes turn off sound in suspend-mode,
sometimes not?

I use this old laptop for fax/voice recording.
When a call/fax is coming in and sound is already turned off,
I can't hear the "beep" every minute that I programmed. Thats
why I need sound turned on every time.

I'm sure that the machine doesn't go to hibernate mode. It's
because I turned hibernation off with  ps2 (DOS) :
    ps2 H2S Disable
and I can activate the machine with every key, not only the
"Fn"-key (=typical for reactivation in hibernation mode).
After I typed somewhat key sound is on again.

Sound is turned off very seldom if my ISDN-PCMCIA card is
inserted. But without ISDN-card, sound is turned off
after a few hours.

Can somebody help me?
Turn off suspend mode? Hmmm... I'd like to suspend because
I want to spare the hardware that lifetime of the machine
will be long ..

thx
Ekkard