[ltp] Sensors still an issue?

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 07:49:35 -0400

On Thu, 30 May 2002 11:23:08 +0100
James Holden <james@microcosmos.co.uk> wrote:
> It's the DVD movie playback I'm struggling with. Reading DVD data cds works a
> charm. I've got the hacked neomagic driver for XFree86 4.2.0 with support for
> Xv but it's still jerky. Any ideas? I've run out of things to try.

Try adjusting your disk settings with hdparm.  There are some hints on
how to do this on the ogle web pages (I think).  Enable dma,
multisector, and other things so your system spends less time waiting
for the disks.  Do the dvd also. You might have to make a new kernel.

I have a t21.  I can get smooth dvd playback using ogle.  The cpu is
still up above 90%, but it's not alway at 100% anymore.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,