[ltp] serial port toast?

David Arthur Wainberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
11 Nov 2002 12:47:58 -0500

Howdy,

I've got a 600x running debian woody. I'm trying to connect a serial
Palm cradle. Used PS2 to turn on the serial port:

ps2 serial on

ok

But then:

ps2 sera enable

tells me an internal memory error occured and recommends intitializing
the bios from easy-setup, which I did with no result.

tpctl --rsx says:

resource state:                        ioaddr irq#   able? mode/power
   serial port 1:                       0x0   IRQ0 disable (error)
   serial port 2:                       0x3f8 IRQ4  enable

but tpctl --rs1 [on, off, or enable] gives:

tpctl: Error scanning options.  Try 'tpctl --help'.

I have no idea where to go from here. Does it mean my serial port is
toast? Or does someone have some good news for
me?

Thanks,

--D