[ltp] Mandrake 9 - Thinkpad 600e - Sound Howto

Cajan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
23 Nov 2002 08:58:12 +1100

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 07:43, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2002 07:22:13 +1100
> Cajan <cajan@tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I agree there appears to be conflict. I have no explanation.
>
> > Volume and clarity is far superior to generic cs4232 driver
>
> According to IBM, the cs4232 driver sometimes needs to be loaded twice
> to properly initialize the card.  Is this what you inadvertantly did by
> running sndconfig a couple of times?

Possible yes, I had previously been able to play CDs in KDE and Gnome
players with cs4232 in Mdk 8.2 but xmms always hung.
I tried consecutive cs4232 in Mdk9 loadings with no result. Loadings
lasted until logout or reboot and were then lost or hung xmms.
I never got any response from the cs46xx driver even tho that was the
detected card.To get the present setup I tried every driver found by
sndconfig this would have involved several reloads of cs4232 type
drivers.
Sorry not involved in midi or microphones so unable to help Kyle.

Cajan