[ltp] Redhat 8.0 Installation

McCoy, Brig C. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 01:51:34 -0500

For what it's worth, I downloaded the ISOs Monday night and did an update
over my existing Redhat 7.3 (Thinkpad 600x with maxed out RAM) dualboot
with Windows ME).

I like 8.0 enough so far that I went back and did a full install of
everything, removing my Windows ME partition in the process.

OpenOffice with the new font stuff looks _great_. Much better than under 7.3.

The only thing I found so far that I don't like is that it took me a couple
tries to find the darn System Terminal. :)

Now I'm off to do some playing with the Apache 2.0.

...brig

--
IBM ThinkPad 600X (2645-4EU), running RedHat Linux 8.0
--

PGP Public Key: <http://www.theworld.com/~brigc/pgp/>