[ltp] Slow Linux - Now Fast, but no modem!

Thomas Hood linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
23 Oct 2002 14:54:17 +0200

"surferjeff@excite.com" <surferjeff@excite.com> wrote:
> Do I have to build the kernel just to get the modem working?

For the Mwave modem you need the mwave driver module.

These days, the mwave driver source is included in the kernel
source.  You do not need to build the module from the source
provided in IBM's tarball.

If you don't find the module in
   /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/mwave
then you should figure out how to build the module from
the kernel sources on your distro.

Buchan Milne <bgmilne@cae.co.za> wrote:
> My 600(X) has one of these, which uses the ltmodem drivers:

The LT modem is entirely different from the Mwave modem.
They require entirely different drivers.

--
Thomas Hood