[ltp] 3D Hard Accel.

Marco Rovere linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:05:27 +0200

right driver and where to download it.

For the ones who are interested: 3D hard. accel. works on TP A20m,
eventhough it is not that fast...

Thanks again.

Marco.

Tino Keitel wrote:

>*** List MOVED use linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org for future postings ***
>
>On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 17:42:34 +0200, Marco Rovere wrote:
>

>>Unfortunately it does not. I'm using it but running glxinfo I get:
>>
>>direct rendering: No
>>.... .....
>>OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>>

>[...]
>
>Hm, looks like a brain failure at my side. The GATOS driver only seems
>to add 2D-acceleration. For 3D-acceleration, check out
><http://dri.sourceforge.net>.
>
>Regards,
>Tino

--------------090009010303050106040302

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks for the web site address... Actually I already checked there a few
weeks ago but not as deeply as today.<br>
Digging into DRI-user mailing list I found the right answer for me, the right
driver and where to download it.<br>
For the ones who are interested: 3D hard. accel. works on TP A20m, eventhough
it is not that fast...<br>
Thanks again.<br>
Marco.<br>
Tino Keitel wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20021023063949.GA5043@tkeitel001.bln.gelonet.local">
  <pre wrap="">*** List MOVED use <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org">linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org</a> for future postings ***

    <pre wrap="">Unfortunately it does not. I'm using it but running glxinfo I get:

direct rendering: No
.... .....
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
[...]

Hm, looks like a brain failure at my side. The GATOS driver only seems
to add 2D-acceleration. For 3D-acceleration, check out
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://dri.sourceforge.net">&lt;http://dri.sourceforge.net&gt;</a>.

Regards,
Tino

  </pre>