[ltp] 3D Hard Accel.

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:55:06 -0400

Except for REALLY bleeding edge stuff though you will find that all the DRI
drivers are already packaged with XFree86. Its really rare that there is much
beyond what the latest XFree has that works over there, they seem to fold
them in pretty fast. Truth is that it usually takes a year or so after
release on windows for Linux drivers to exist for 3D :(. I'm still stuck with
no GLX for my Radeon 8500 for instance! Still, its worth a try...