[ltp] Modem on A22p with RH 8.0

Stephen Gregory linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:58:18 -0700 (PDT)

I know this may sound silly, but do I really have to return to RH 7.3 in
order to use the modem on my laptop? Perhaps I don't even deserve your
sympathy because I broke the cardinal rule of software and upgraded when
what I had was working just fine for me.

I did as some other people have done and tried a) grabbing a
not-quite-matched flavor of rpm and installing the drivers with this and
b) finding this could never work then installed using the build kit from
heby. Both times I got all the gcc 2 versus 3 error messages that other
people got. Are we all just out of luck until someone recompiles the
ltmdobj.o file with gcc3.2?

And I used to say all through RH 6.whatever to 7.3 that I couldn't see
what all the fuss was about winmodems...

Steve Gregory