[ltp] tp 770E freezes on CD drive eject

SMichelle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:56:43 -0700

Hello:

I had redhat 7.2 installed on my tp 770E and was able to swap out the CD
drive and replace with the floppy drive with no problem. I now have
redhat 7.3 when I eject the CD drive the catch first flashes yellow and
then turns solid yellow. Then I go into deep freeze -- the only way to
regain use of the laptop is to eject the battery, unplug the computer,
and then turn back on.

Both the redhat 7.2 and 7.3 were stock installs with the Gnome desktop.
The only difference between the installs is on the redhat 7.3 I've
uninstalled lm_sensors, libsensors.so.1, and lm_sensors-devel-2.6.1-1.

Any ideas what issue is caused by?

Many thanks.

/SMichelle