[ltp] Additing new utilities/commands to $PATH

Spruth linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:03:32 -0600

I know this is a linux group, but I just installed Solaris 8 on my Thinkpad
600.  However, I cannot execute some of the new 3rd party utilities and
applications I have just installed.  I am running from a host in CDE and I
have already changed my PATH in my .profile directory to read as follows:

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/dt/config:/usr/dt:/export/home/bspruth:/sbi
n.

Whenever I try to execute a command in the utility or application I just
installed in ksh as a regular user I receive the following error:

`/bin/ksh: soffice: not found" or "/bin/ksh: whatever: not found`.  Any
suggestions?

Also, what is the `sndconfig` linux command equivalent in solaris to
configure sound?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Brandon