[ltp] Battery problem

ZeiMoT linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:59:03 +0200 (MEST)

I doubt that it has anything to do with a dying battery. On my R30 the
exact same thing happened after a couple of weeks. I still have almost
2hrs of battery time. The other day I had my machine running almost 1 hrs
and 10 minutes _with_ the battery light flashing in orange. I still have
the 2hrs of battery time. I bet the problem is related to a miscalibrated
sensor (or the logic that interprets it) since the only problem (for me
at least) is that the battery is reported to drop extremely fast below
46% but the actual battery life is unchanged.

  -=< ZeiMoT >=-

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Thomas Wimmer wrote:

> To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
> Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:50:24 +0200
> From: Thomas Wimmer <thomas@wimmer.net>
> Subject: Re: [ltp] Battery problem
>
> Marek Pawelec schrieb:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a tp600X for about two weeks, and week has passed since I've
> > installed linux on it.
> >
> > The problem is: when I work on battery, the APM shows slow DC discharge
> > to about 49% (takes about 70 minutes, it goes slower when I do the same
> > text editing under Win 98), and then it rapidly jumps from 49 to 7%,
> > threatening with suspend.
> >
> > What's going on? Is it the battery problem?
>
> battery is dying.
>
> buy a new battery.
>
> > BTW, I've earlier discharged the battery completely by working with the
> > charger connected to a dead line (I haven't noticed), and it took more
> > than three hours.
> >
> > Wasaty
>

> Thomas

 D a n i e l                                              /ei|\/|o |
 D a l e t h s s o n                                     /_  |  |  |