[ltp] DVD Movie on T30 w/o AC

Jean-Sebastien Morisset linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:29:11 -0400

Hi everyone!

My wife and I are going on vacation in a few weeks (can't wait!) and I'm
bringing my laptop with us to download our dive profiles and digital
pictures.

Anyway, a nice bonus would be to use the laptop during our flights to
watch a movie. I haven't tested it yet, but I expect the battery won't
last the necessary 2-3 hrs (mpeg decoding, dvd drive access, and lcd
combined must suck a lot of juice).

I'm probably not the first person that wants to do this, so I figure a
few people have come up with ways to save power and still get decent DVD
playback quality. What do you think?

BTW, I'm using mplayer on a 236692U T30 with Mandrake 8.2.

Thanks,
js.
--
Jean-Sebastien Morisset, Sr. UNIX Administrator <jsmoriss@mvlan.net>