[ltp] Lower screen resolution possible?

Vivek vivek at etla.org
Tue Apr 1 16:08:03 CEST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Jan Frey wrote:

[snip]
> Is there a way to specify a different resolution for TFT and external CRT?
> Can I at least tell XFree86 to use 1024x768 _virtual size_ if in 1024x768
> mode?

Xfree 4.3.0 contains xrandr which can resize/reflect/rotate the root
window: You could use that. If upgrading to 4.3.0 is not an option,
then there's the rather unsatisfying option of having 2 different
config files and restarting X with the appropriate one.

I don't know whether the A[23]0 can send different signals to the LCD
and CRT: afaik the CRT output is 'just' a duplicate of the LCD signal
implemented in hardware, and not a genuine multi-display thing, bicbw.