[ltp] Looong wait before booting - T20

Hans-Göran Puke hgp at home.se
Tue Apr 8 17:35:50 CEST 2003

GlacierHi!
I have a very annoying problem with my Thinkpad T20: It waits (seemingly
does nothing at all) a couple of minutes, displaying the Thinkpad logo,
before it starts to boot the operating system. It has not always been like
this. I think it happened one of the times I installed a linux-distribution
(possibly Mdk 9.0). I have installed several linux-distributions since then,
and I am now on Knoppix 3.2 (Debian), but the problem does not go away. I
have looked in the BIOS settings so that it doesn't wait for a network boot
or anything, but everything seems to be OK there. Note that the wait is
before lilo starts. This means I cannot start the computer and go away for a
cup of tea or anything, at least not if I do not intend to boot the default
operating system. Instead I have to wait 2 minutes or more for lilo to
display the boot-menu. Terribly annoying! Does anyone here have a clue about
what can be wrong with my setup?

//Hans-Göran Puke, Sweden